At Cedar Lake Village, we are extremely thankful for each day that our community can remain free of COVID-19. We currently have zero presumed or confirmed cases in staff or residents. We’d like to update you on all of the actions we are currently taking to keep our residents and employees safe. The following actions have been taken with recommendations from Sanford Health and the Good Samaritan Society, CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- Limiting visitors to only essential healthcare employees. All essential visitors are required to wear a mask, pass the screening questionnaire, and have their temperature taken upon entry.
- Employees are taking their temperatures prior to beginning their work day and logging temps daily to determine if upward trending is occuring.
- Daily temperatures are being taken for residents in all areas of the main building (senior housing with services, assisted living and memory care assisted living) and villa residents are being encouraged to take their own temperatures daily. We are also taking vital signs, including O2 saturation and blood pressure daily, for all assisted living and memory care assisted living residents.
- Meals are being delivered to individual apartments daily, and villa residents come to the main entrance to pick up their packaged meals.
- Activities are being offered daily with adherence to the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines. Examples include: ice cream and popcorn delivery weekly, M-F newsletters delivered in assisted living, hallway bingo, and individual gardening opportunities when the weather is nice. Devotionals are also printed and delivered weekly for the residents to have throughout the week. Our wellness team are constantly evaluating and working on new ideas to maintain quality of life for our residents during the quarantine.
- We have purchased two Amazon Fire tablets, and we now have three iPads sent to us from our National Campus for use to help connect residents to their family members via Facebook Messenger video calls and FaceTime. (If you’d like to schedule a video call, please contact our Wellness team at (913) 780-9916).
- We have installed a new in-house television channel capable of broadcasting content to all apartments and villas that utilize our television service (included and available to all residents). Exercise classes, movies, travelogues, and comedy shows are all examples of the content that will be shown weekly.
- Direct care staff are wearing surgical masks at all times when caring for residents. Any other staff who repeatedly come into contact with residents within the 6 ft. social distancing guideline for a period of longer than 15 minutes are also wearing surgical masks. All other staff have been asked to wear cloth masks while at work. All residents have been asked to wear masks or cover their nose and mouth with a cloth while outside of their individual apartments.
- Tours can be arranged for prospective residents and their families via video calls.
- Housekeeping protocols have been increased and high touch areas are being cleaned frequently.
If you have any questions regarding any of the information provided above, please reach out to our team. We can be reached at (913) 780-9916 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The quality of life and safety of our residents and staff are of upmost concern, we are doing everything we can to keep everyone at Cedar Lake Village safe.